You have no items in your shopping cart.
Moisturizing Beer Mask- Make Your Own
Starting with a base of olive oil and plain yogurt and blending it with egg white and beer, the recipe calls for ingredients that you'll typically find in your refrigerator or pantry. You may need to stock up on almond and lemon extract in advance, although in a pinch, you can substitute with vanilla extract and lemon zest. The unique combination of these ingredients transforms into a concoction that smells good enough to eat and feels delightfully refreshing. After a long day in the sun or a late night of fun, your face will appreciate some much-needed TLC.
- The six key ingredients are: beer, olive oil, plain yogurt, egg white, almond extract, and lemon extract.
- Start with one one heaping teaspoon of plain yogurt.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Pour in one teaspoon of almond extract.
- And another teaspoon of lemon extract.
- All four of these ingredients help to make the skin healthy, soft, and hydrated.
- Save the last sip! And add a tablespoon of that beer to the mixture.
- Beer sediment (brewer's yeast) can help maintain a balanced pH level in the skin.
- Crack open an egg, separate the white, and transfer it to the bowl. Discard the yolk.
- Egg white (albumen) has cleansing, pore-tightening, and acne-fighting properties.
- Whisk the mixture or blend on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Apply the mask evenly over a clean face, leave for 15 minutes, and rinse with warm water.