Ahhh, 20… little did we know how good we had it then (or some of us anyway). Skin in your 20s is glowing, plump with collagen, strong and resilient. However, this is the age when we are laying the groundwork for our future, so it’s important to start establishing a great skincare regimen now and stick with it. It needn’t be complicated – a simple, 100% pure cleanser and a light moisturizer formulated for your particular skin type, and you’re all set. Sunscreen, provided it’s in the form of a hat or UV protective clothing or only in the form of titanium and zinc oxides, is also a key factor in keeping your skin looking healthy for decades to come. When you have issues like hormonal acne, use products that balance oil production and are not drying.
The Best Natural Skin Products in Your 20s Should: Protect from Environmental Damage
A proper cleansing routine is the foundation of great skin. There are three reasons for this. First 20-somthings are prone to breakouts. A good cleanser will keep pores unblocked and control sebum without drying out the skin. Crappy cleansers with irritating surfactants or harsh preservatives can cause breakouts like nothing else. A facial cleanser with nourishing ingredients, such as plant extracts, can be left on the skin for a few moments (say while you clean your teeth) to maximize the benefits of them.
- Arcona Tea Bar ($42) is especially good for those prone to open pores, as it tones as well as cleanses, with suds that come from natural yucca.
- Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser is a deep-cleansing alpha hydroxy acid complexion rejuvenator, with key ingredients that include natural sugar, non-GMO rice flour and citric acid (lemongrass). The cleanser resurfaces and smooths skin, and unclogs pores.
- Your Best Face Balance ($45 in the shop) is a face cream designed to control breakouts, calm irritation and regulate shine. Niacin and nylon-12 help absorb excess oil but without drying skin.
- M.A.D. Skincare Illuminating Daily Moisturizer ($50) is a lightweight daily moisturizer with peptides and botanicals to brighten skin.
People in their 20s don’t need heavy hitters yet in terms of a night cream, environmental damage is common (and not just from smoke-filled parties).
- BIAO Beauty Rejuvenating Night Creme ($38) helps protect skin uses three nourishing plant extracts: honeysuckle flower, xanthium sibiricum fruit and cyperus rotundus root.
- Your Best Face Private Reserve Antioxidant Oil ($75) improves skin's suppleness and speeds healing. It contains vitamin E succinate, a specialized form of vitamin E that helps improve skin's elasticity, in an already antioxidant-packed formula.
- 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream ($19) is packed with so many good things, you'll wonder if it’s edible.
- Indie Lee Calendula Eye Balm ($42) is specially designed for the sensitive skin around the eyes. It uses mango seed butter helps to diminish dark circles along with calendula oil, beeswax and lavender oil to keep eyes hydrated.
Even bad girls know they should wear a sunscreen.
- Snowberry Every Day SPF 15 - Broad Spectrum Sun Protection ($36) has some really innovative ingredients that will protect you from the sun naturally and effectively.
- Suntegrity 5-in-1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen ($45 in the shop) is moisturizing enough without a separate cream. Its smooth texture and safe zinc oxide formulation and hint of colored coverage will make you actually want to put it on everyday.
Best Natural Skin Products for Any Age:
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 60s and Up
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 50s
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 40s
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 30s