Even if you've been religious in your wrinkle-prevention tactics and led a sinless life spent out of the sun, chances are still good that you're fighting gravity's pull with sagging skin into your 60s, 70s and beyond. It can feel like a downhill struggle and, while there's no miracle serum or cream, there are definitely solutions that leave you looking brighter and more beautiful than if you just let nature take its course without nurturing product intervention.
The Best Natural Skin Products in Your 60s and Up Should: Firm and Lift
CLEANSER AND EXFOLIATOR
This might be the time of your life to cut back on the heavy duty exfoliation. Again, it will depend on the individual, but if the skin is thinning and fragile then it might be time to wean yourself off AHAs (such as glycolic acid) and retinol. Daily and gentle sloughing of dead cells will then be more effective, and kinder to your tender skin.
- Ultra Clear Facial Cleansing System ($86) is a facial cleansing system that is uniquely powerful and very gentle. Because it has 1800 micro vibrations per second it is extremely effective whilst being kind to sensitive and/or mature skin. Without scrubbing or rubbing, the rapidly rotating brush heads refine pores, clarify the complexion and stimulate healthy skin.
- ReLuma Illuminating Anti-Aging Cleanser ($35) is a scent-free gel based cleanser designed to clean skin while providing anti-aging benefits with the brand's signature human conditioned media.
- Red Flower Lymphatic Phytopower Sea Cleanser and Masque ($42) is a light, creamy facial wash that cleanses the skin without stripping away moisture. It also doubles as a masque boosted with powerful antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients.
A 60-something regimen would be best served by a serum that also hydrates.
- E'shee Clinical Esthetic Elixir of Life KI Therapy Serum ($189 in the shop) is a potent formula which combines growth factors and Far Infrared Powder to rejuvenate and restore damaged or aging skin. The serum encourages the body's own stem cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate the skin.
- Your Best Face Control ($160 in the shop) reduces deep wrinkles, repairs sun damage and rejuvenates the complexion. This powerful formula uses peptides and antioxidants to focus on improving elasticity, which is critical for getting rid of sagging skin, as well as brightening and smoothing skin's texture.
- Arcona Hydrating Serum ($42) and Your Best Face Hydrate B ($45 in the shop) are budget-conscious options (although they will not bring all the powerful anti-agers of those just mentioned) would be serums that focus on hyaluronic acid.
Post-menopausal skin can become extremely dry, though everyone is a little different. While some will feel that they need a rich cream, other thers might want to experiment with a different approach and take a look at lighter, but still hydrating, gels.
- BRAD Biophotonic Ultra Elastin Sculpting Firming Cream Complex ($195) is a super-hydrating night cream and day serum in one. BRAD’s cocktail of peptides and botanicals lift and smooth the skin while glycolic acid and other AHAs brighten and even out skin tone.
- La Vie Celeste Extra Rich Face Cream ($75 in the shop) has a host of good things, but especially an ingredient called ChroNoline. This is supposed to help the underlying skin scaffolding, so it may be helpful for your labial nasal lines, as well as skin conditioning overall.
- Arcona Desert Mist ($35) doesn’t have conventional emollients, but actives that boost the skin’s hydrating abilities. Desert Mist is an incredibly light-textured cosmetic, something between water and a gel, erring on the watery side.
- Your Best Face Private Reserve Antioxidant Oil ($75 in the shop) is a facial oil with potent free-radical scavengers that absorbs easily and delivers its actives more efficiently than a cream.
- Sevani Serum Vitale Essential Nutrient Oil ($75 in the shop) is similar in that it in an oil, and contains omega fatty acids.
Eye creams are everyone’s essential, but a lifting eye cream is vital for age defying over 60.
- AQ Skin Solutions Eye Serum ($99 in the shop) effectively diminishes crow's feet, wrinkles and fine lines, and lightens and tightens the eye area with a concentrated formula of Matrixyl 3000 and Human Growth Factors.
- Your Best Face Correct ($150 in the shop) is a great eye cream for crepiness and puffiness.
The single most effective (non-invasive) lift for sagging skin in my experience so far is my LED device. Red and infra-red LED light help with crepey skin, roughness and plumping, while ultrasonic will help firm and lift. It is an investment in time as much as anything else, since it requires regular use. But it will help put time back on your side.
- Truth Renew Ultrasonic & LED Anti-Aging System ($109) and Ultra Renew Plus Ultrasonic LED ($159) will tackle facial lines, sagging, and dark spots such as hyperpigmention and age spots.
- Ultra Renew Sculpt ($129) is for for firming and lifting the body.
Best Natural Skin Products for Any Age:
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 50s
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 40s
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 30s
Best Natural Skin Products to Use in Your 20s