The "Machera al Ferro," or the Iron Cream Mask
, is a unique experience. As the signature face treatment of the Italian organic skincare line Dermophisiologique, the Iron Cream Mask makes regular facials seem rather dull and uneventful. Not only is there a slew of steps involved, but each one is more visually exciting than the one before it. With all of its remarkable, sometimes seemingly magical, actions, the Iron Mask makes for an ideal subject in Truth in Aging's photo gallery series.
It is only within the past couple of years that Dermophisiologique's signature facial has become available in the U.S., and only at exclusive medical spas in Florida, California, and Nantucket. Now that Marta's esthetician, Ildi Pekar
, has begun to carry Dermophisiologique products and treatments right here in New York, we captured the steps of the iron mask facial for you below:
- A cleansing milk delicately purifies and rebalances skin. The cleanser is specially formulated to maintain the skin's natural pH balance without dehydrating or irritating.
- After wiping the face with a warm towel, the Compensatore Ortodermino goes on clean skin. This refreshing, non-alcoholic lotion rebalances the physiological functions of the hydro-lipid film.
- Two cotton pads are soaked in OPTYMA eye lotion and placed over the eyelids.
- A cotton capsule soaks up DNL Essence- a synergy of essential oils. As it absorbs the solution, the capsule expands.
- Once fully saturated with the essential oils, it opens up into a face mask.
- The essential oil mixture is comprised of sage, thyme, rosemary, ivy, fucus, mallow, linden, chamomile, lavender, witch hazel, and coriander. Sage, thyme, rosemary, and ivy primarily have vasoactive functions.
- The synergistic essential oil solution is also applied to the decollete.
- As the essential oils are absorbed by the face, neck, and decollete, they stimulate blood and lymphatic return.
- A lymphatic massage helps remove harmful substances from the tissues and increases immune function.
- A separate essential oil mixture of linden, chamomile, mallow, lemon, sweet orange, aloe, bitter orange, bergamot, and rosemary is applied to the relaxation points.
- These soothing oils are important for skin that is inflammed or stressed from endogens and/or estrogens.
- Following a relaxing massage, the mask is rolled off.
- The Maschera al Ferro is a moisturizing, rebalancing, and protective emulsion incorporated with a magnetic material. The grey mixture is smoothed over the entire face and neck. The emulsion is made up of ultrafine (80-45 microns) ovoid iron particles.
- When massaged into skin, the iron particles penetrate superficial dead cells and philo-sebaceous channels. This action allows for removal of keratinized cells on the corneal layer and elimination of surface waste.
The 45-minute Iron Mask treatment has deep cleansing and anti-aging benefits. Believe it or not, this is only the first half of the procedure. Stay tuned for Part Two, when we unveil the spectacular culmination of the Iron Mask treatment.
Active Ingredients in Cleansing Milk:
Olive oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Almond, Equisetum (horsetail, Helichrysum, Ginko Biloba, Mallow, Lecithin, Vitamin E
Active Ingredients in Compensatore Ortodermico:
Aloe, Chamomile, Calendula, Malva, Linden
Active Ingredients in OPTYMA Eye Lotion:
Chamomile, Witch Hazel, Natural Collagen, Lactic Acid
Active Ingredients in Maschera al Ferro:
Beeswax, Zinc Oxide, Black Currant Oil, Iron Micro Spheres