You have no items in your shopping cart.
Problems Adding to Cart? Click here for assistance.
When a reader emailed to ask what I thought of E’shee’s latest serum, the Multi-Tensor Extreme Face Lift Serum ($159/0.34oz in the shop), I almost felt reluctant to try it. I love E’shee’s KI Therapy Serum so much that I am on my third (paid for with my own hard-earned) bottle, and my skin is so compatible with it that it seemed unlikely that E’shee could trump it. It hasn’t, but Multi-Tensor Extreme Face Lift Serum is a perfectly complementary product. Where KI smooths away wrinkles, softens and hydrates, while refreshing the complexion (at least for me), Multi-Tensor lifts and firms.
Multi-Tensor doesn’t firm by making the skin feel tight. After several weeks, my jawline looked more contoured, my cheeks firmer and my forehead actually seemed a little lifted, as well as less noticeably lined. Unlike KI, which suits my skin so much that I don’t need a moisturizer layered over it, I do find Multi-Tensor needs a little hydration support and one of the lightest I have, Arcona’s Desert Mist, is perfect.
One of the key ingredients is whey protein. There is (ahem) way more to this than a shake for body builders. Cow’s milk protein is made up of 80% caseins and the remaining 20% are whey proteins. Whey proteins contain all the essential amino acids and bioactive proteins (specific proteins that have an impact on body functions), including immunoglobulins and growth factors. A growth factor found in abundance in whey protein is TGF-1. This is a “super” protein that controls cell functions such as growth and proliferation. It also regulates cell death. Studies at Cornell, Vanderbilt and Jefferson show that TGF-beta stimulates collagen and elastin production.
There are a bevy of sulfates here, starting with magnesium sulfate, an anti-inflammatory; manganese with antioxidant properties; zinc, an anti-immune booster; and copper. I confess to initially being a bit flummoxed by the use of copper sulfate. Copper is harmless and in peptide form can be a highly beneficial wound healer. The sulfate (a salt) is said to be toxic and irritating to the skin (note, I had no adverse effects when using Multi-Tensor). However, the Linus Pauling Institute says that “copper toxicity is rare in the general population.” I found a study that demonstrated copper sulfate supplements to be antoxidants and research has shown it to be helpful in the production of collagen.
E’shee says that Multi-Tensor will boost hyaluronic acid synthesis by fibroblasts by up to almost 1,900%. That I cannot vouch for, but I do know that continued use does make the skin feel firmer with a reduction in sagging. It is a great addition to E’shee’s already powerful lineup. Now if they could only find a safe alternative preservative to phenoxyethanol, E’shee would make my year.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Hyaluronic Acid, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferric Chloride