You have no items in your shopping cart.
Problems Adding to Cart? Click here for assistance.
This list of the five worst anti-aging creams is based on personal experience, scientific trials and common sense. Bottom line, don't waste your money on the following:
1. La Prairie Cellular. This was tested by the American Consumer Union (along with a long list of potions and lotions from Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Avon, RoC and StriVectin, to name a few). In the 12 week trial, La Prairie Cellular was the most expensive cream tested and the worst performing at reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Incidentally, Olay's Regenerist serum came out best. I didn't include it in yesterday's top best post because I tried and didn't particularly like it. Is La Prairie's Skin Caviar Liquid Lift worth $500 - read my review
2. La Mer. One of the silliest attempts at creating moisturizing mythology, La Mer is supposedly based on a secret 'broth' made from kelp that is harvested twice a year and enhanced by "unique energy sources" like light and air. Really. Even the manufacturers claim they don't know how it works. And, as I've said before, that's probably because it doesn't. Read my article on what is actually in La Mer
3. Freeze 24/7. The manufacturer calls it a 'dream cream'. This is one of the worst things I have tried. It doesn't get absorbed by the skin and so just lies on the surface until it starts to flake off and give your clothes the appearance of having lost heavily in a battle against dandruff. After a few weeks, whatever is left in the pot goes hard and lumpy. Read more on GABA, the active ingredient in Freeze 24/7
4. StriVectin. Now to be honest, the early indications with a tube of StriVectin were good. People even commented on my skin. In particular, there was a nice sheen from cheekbones to crow's feet. I was beginning to think I was on to something, but all of a sudden, after a couple of months, it stopped working. I remained in denial and even bought a second tube. I don't why it stopped being effective. However, I have noticed women commenting on the same experience in reviews and forums.
5. Cellex-C High Potency Serum. The only thing this did for my skin was dry it out. Otherwise, it made not one wit of difference. Several reviewers on Amazon.com concur.