Before forming the company in 1994, founder Jane Iredale worked in film, theatre, and television. She then went on to found Iredale Mineral Cosmetics in 1994. Iredale believes in creating a makeup that is good for the skin, and has worked with leading plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the development of her line. The company is a supporter of Global Green, the American Arm of Green Cross International, a board of trustees member for Shakespeare & Company, and a member of PETA.
Jane Iredale markets her brand as The #1 Choice of Skin Care Professionals. She claims to include doctors in the makeup-creating process, and several of her products are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. Other positives include:
- Non-comedogenic, will not block pores.
- Virtually no allergy risk.
- All products have been sensitivity tested.
- Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection - up to SPF 30. UVA tested at High.
- Anti-inflammatory, helps to calm and soothe irritated skin.
- Very water resistant rating by an FDA-approved lab.
- Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
- Contains no talc or parabens.
- Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria.
- No products have been tested on animals. Vegans click here for product information.
Jane Iredale markets her brand as The #1 Choice of Skin Care Professionals. She claims to include doctors in the makeup-creating process, and several of her products are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Each product on the Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup website has three tabs: description, ingredients, and tips (on how to apply).
Other positives? The company’s makeup has very little chance of causing an allergic reaction, is non-comedogenic, anti-inflammatory, very water resistant, unable to grow bacteria, contains no talc or parabens and is cruelty-free. Jane Iredale seems like a great brand for those with rosacea or otherwise sensitive skin.
TIA has reviewed and recommended several jane iredale Mineral Makeup products, including the In Touch Cream Blush, Lip Drink SPF 15, Dream Tint, 24-Karat Gold Dust Shimmering Powder, and Just Kissed Lip Plumper. All of them have safe, non-toxic ingredients. TIA readers, too, have raved about the company’s products – most recently, someone recommended that I replace my Bobbi Brown concealer with the Jane Iredale Circle/Delete concealer (which I most certainly will do).