Has your beauty routine been delivering adequate but not stellar results? Small changes like eliminating an ingredient or adding a new product can really change up your skincare game. You don't have to overhaul your entire routine — just make little changes to see big results.
Minor Change: Go Sulfate-Free
Major Result: Cheap surfunctants can strip natural oils in skin and hair. Ridding your regimen of these harsh ingredients decreases irritation, and helps keep hair and skin balanced.
• Josh Rosebrook Moisturizing Cleanser ($27) contains antioxidants and botanical ingredients to protect skin's delicate oil barrier and moisturizers to penetrate skin deeply.
• Hair Vitality Shampoo ($35 in the shop) is loaded with powerful actives to give you smoother, shinier hair with fewer tangles, improved fullness and decreased hair shedding.
• BRAD Biophotonic Sea Minerals Purify Healing Detoxifying Gel Cleanser ($45 in the shop) is a restorative facial cleanser that treats discoloration, irritation, scarring, and redness.
Minor Change: Embrace Oils in Skin Care
Major Result: Contrary to common thought, facial oils will not leave your face oily. A good facial oil should sink right into the skin, so what you will get is pure unadulterated botanical oils to which additional actives can be added to provide a bounty of nutrients, fatty acids, antioxidants or free radical scavengers.
• Red Flower Kinmoxei Wild Lime Silk Oil ($48) deeply moisturizes skin with ingredients like vitamin E, fatty acids, and natural silk protein, and imparts a healthy glow.
• Your Best Face Private Reserve ($75 in the shop) has antioxidants and vitamin E to improve skin's suppleness and speed healing. It can also be used on other parts of the body and on hair.
• Osmotics Skin Rescue Nourishing Oil ($58) is a luxurious oil blend that relieves dry, chapped, damaged skin on the face, hands and body. This oil can also double as a facial cleanser.
Minor Change: Use an Eye Cream
Major Result: The skin under the eye does not have much support structure, is surrounded by some of the thinnest and most delicate skin on the body, and has few oil glands to lubricate the area. A targeted eye cream can address the very specific issues and needs of eye area skin.
• Skinfinite LOL Eye Serum ($49 in the shop) contains haloxyl, eyeseryl, green coffee, kiwi and evening primrose oil. This eye serum decreases puffiness and dark circles while firming and toning the eye area.
• Your Best Face Correct Eye Cream ($150 in the shop) contains peptides to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness, as well as alpha arbutin, Haloxyl and licorice root extract to target dark circles and fight signs of fatigue.
• Lumavera Eye Cream ($80) uses plant cell technology and peptides to minimize wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness and loss of firmness while still being gentle around the delicate eye area.
• Stemulation Elevate Eye Cream ($75 in the shop) combines stem cell growth factors with antioxidants and peptides to increase firmness and elasticity, improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and minimize dark circles.
Minor Change: Exfoliate — With a Powerful (but Gentle) Brush
Major Change: Power brushing can have tremendous beneficial effects on skin, without being overly harsh — especially for us mature skin types.
• Ultra Clear Facial Cleansing System has rapidly rotating brush heads that refine pores, clarify the complexion and stimulate healthy skin without scrubbing or rubbing. Uniquely powerful yet very gentle, it is the foundation of beautiful skin.
Minor Change: Add a Toner (Even if You Think You Don't Need It)
Major Result: Toners tend to be sorely neglected due to the misconception that they're drying. Not these, though. The right toner can restore luminosity and normalize skin's moisture balance.
• La Vie Celeste Restorative Illuminating Toner ($35) is a soothing aloe-based toner with a blend of organic botanicals and antioxidants with skin-firming benefits and skin brighteners for a glowing complexion.
• Sevani Rose Hyaluronic Age Defying Tonique ($39 in the shop) is a hydrating, antioxidant spray mist with rose to reduce redness, puffy eyes, dryness, free radical damage and the appearance of broken capillaries.
• Stemulation AHA Herbal Balancing Toner ($38) removes any final traces of makeup and environmental pollutants left after cleansing while maintaining skin's essential moisture.
Minor Change: Relax! (with a Mask)
Major Result: Face masks are an essential part of a beauty regimen because they can provide deep nourishment in a purer formula than most serums. Since a facial mask remains on the surface of the skin for 15 minutes or more before being rinsed away, its formula can just focus on ingredients that will benefit the skin and the task at hand.
• Royal Nectar Bee Venom Mask ($68 in the shop) is a hydrating and lifting face mask with anti-inflammatory bee venom as the key active. It gives skin a healthy glow.
• Lumavera Oxygenating Masque ($70) uses deep oxygen-enhancing action to decongest pores and hydrate skin while peptides and plant stem cells firm sagging skin.
• Eslor Comforting Mask ($38) deeply cleanses skin by eliminating impurities that dull the complexion and softens, tones and detoxifies skin with natural marine extracts.