Free shipping on all orders over $39

Our Rating: 5 stars

Buy this product

Your Best Face Defend- reader reviewed and recommended

Reviewed by TIA Community Member August 13, 2008 4 Comments

Pros

Mattifies oily skin and smooths lines

Cons

Sometimes flakes
Recommended for mature, oily or combination skin

Posted by Veronica

I was the lucky receiver of the Your Best Face Defend sample. Thank you Marta.

My initial reaction to this product was that it sounds too good to be true. I have sensitive, combination skin and have a hard time finding anti-shine/anti-aging products that are not too harsh and will not irritate my skin.

I love the packaging and the smell is very pleasant. The lotion goes on very easy when you first start applying, but if you continue applying for too long YBF Defend will start to flake a bit. I noticed it also flakes a bit depending on the day cream that I apply it over. I would say that it flakes 10% of the time, not a big deal, I guess. I just wipe it off carefully with a towel. It may depend on how dry or oily my skin is, I'm not sure. The other 90% of the time it works GREAT though.

Before using Defend, I would notice my skin getting shiny in the afternoon hours. Now it stays perfect all day long. After four weeks of use, I have no fine lines and that is quite a bonus :). What a great find; I would recommend this to anyone with combination skin.

A side note: After reading all the positive reviews about YBF Correct, I decided to purchase one. After only two weeks, I can say its a fantastic product and worth every penny.

Ingredients in YBF Defend

Reverse osmosis water, ppg-5 ceteth-20, sodium hyaluronate, propylene glycol, nylon 12, spin trap (phenyl butyl nitrone), palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, micronized titanium dioxide, cetearyl olivate and sorbitan olivate, paraben du, vitamin E.

Related articles

YBF Correct and the signature ingredient, spin trap

Mychelle Mist with spin trap

Useful links

YBF's website

Buy Me
$ 120.00
  • May 12, 2011

    by Junko

    I HAVE to chime IN!! I love Defend, but BALANCE works equally as good in keeping down oil/shine thru-out the day and helps to minimize break-outs. If anyone is put-off by Defends pricing, DO TRY BALANCE, as it's a winner!

  • May 12, 2011

    by Darrell

    Hi Sarah,
    Defend is an anti-age product first, which is why you see the price. If you're interested though, we've since upgraded Defend's formula. I'm including the current ingredient list at the end of this comment.

    If you're not looking for such a pricy and heavy-hitting anti-age product like Defend, we've also since come out with a product called Balance that you might like. It's still very anti-aging first, so it is pricier than a simple mattifying product, but might be more of what you're looking for.

    Thank you and all my best to you!
    -Darrell

    Ingredients in Defend:
    reverse osmosis water, Syn-Coll (glycerin, palmitoyl tripeptide-5), nylon-12, Homeostatine (water, glycerin, enteromorpha compressa extract, caesalpinia spinosa gum), ppg5 ceteth-20, propylene glycol, vitamin B5, dimethyl isosorbide, spin trap (phenyl butyl nitrone), vitamin e, polysorbate-20, c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium hyaluronate, Lipochroman-6 (dimethylmethoxy chromanol), triethanolamine, paraben du

  • May 12, 2011

    by Sarah B

    This sounds like a good product for oily skin but I can't beleive how much it costs! My face is a grease slick and the only thing that helps is the powder from Mattify Cosmetics. I saw tons of good reviews for it and gave it a try & it's amazing. My breakouts have all gone away and my face doesn't get oily for hours after I put it on. The mattify powder only costs 14 bucks so think I'll be sticking to that!

  • July 4, 2010

    by J

    My sample of Defend is finally no more.

    This product will surely become one my holy grails. Its next on my order list..

    Truly performs as it claims...

Have You Tried Your Best Face Defend (serum) ?

Write your own review today
Perfect Great Good Didn't Like Hated It Rate Me
TIP: Roll over me

You are leaving a comment on Your Best Face Defend (serum) below...

My review

Reviewing > Your Best Face Defend (serum)

6+1=
-or- Cancel my review
* Required Fields
truth in aging's five best

Truth In Aging's Five Best

The very best to choose from for your skin concerns.

Read More

truth in aging videos

Truth In Aging Videos

Helpful how-tos and reviews from Marta and friends.

Watch Now

meet our contributors

Meet Our Contributors

The TIA community consists of our trusted reviewers.

Meet Them

be inspired

Be Inspired

Inspiring thoughts and women who are aging gracefully.

Read More

  Loading...