Ok, so this product really makes me mad. In part, because it's been characterized as a product to address "cancer patients' unique needs," but really does nothing at all - except expose you to even more carcinogens!
It's an all-over body moisturizer with "vexel," which I can find absolutely nothing about, and "bio-bustyl," which is supposed to be a combination of hyaluronic acid and matrixyl 3000. And it has neither. Take a look at the ingredient list. No hyaluronic acid, and only one peptide that makes up matrixyl 3000: palmitoyl ogliopeptide, and that being way at the end of the ingredient list.
This cream has a bunch of synthetic emollients and a lot of garbage -- in fact it's almost a toxic dumping ground:
- Propylene Glycol (the second, SECOND, ingredient on the list, is what you find in anti-freeze and is a known irritant and toxin)
- Triethanolamine (a known irritant, possible carcinogen, and possible contaminated with the potent carcinogen nitrosamine)
- Phenoxyethanol (very irritating)
- Sodium Benzoate (a preservative that, when combined with vitamin C, becomes carcinogenic)
- PEG-8 (may be contaminated with carcinogens, and has an enhanced skin penetration effect, which will bring all these nice ingredients deeper into your skin.
- Methylparaben and propylparaben
So what's good, anything? Well there's soy protein, vitamin A and caffeine. Plus the peptide palmitoyl ogliopeptide... But there all so low on the ingredient list I doubt that they're in any concentration high enough to be effective. There's dimethyl MEA, but that comes with only unsubstantiated anti-aging claims.
I'm throwing this in the garbage.
Water, propylene glycol, isopropyl palmitate, stearic acid, ethylhexyl (octyl) palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl polymethacrylate, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, rahnella/soy protein ferment, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, dimethyl MEA, caffeine, lecithin, glycerin, sodium benzoate, palmitoyl carnitine, PEG-8, methylparaben, fragrance, palmitoyl oligopeptide, carbomer, propylparaben, retinyl acetate, yellow 5, red 40.
What is it? Preservatives and parabens and are they safe?
What is it: Phenoxyethanol and is it safe?
The FDA warning on phenoxyethanol
Estrogen in cosmetics and links to cancer
Sodium benzoate isn't much fun either
What is it? PEGs