Snowberry Intensive Renewal Face Serum- reader reviewed
I’ve outlined below my results and observations after four weeks of using the Snowberry Intensive Renewal Face Serum ($159).
Not unpleasant, but not especially pleasant. No added fragrance.
Ease of use
Very easy to apply. A very small amount of product (as directed) goes a long way, and glides on easily over cleansed skin.
Product feels light and smooth on the skin while applying; spreads evenly and easily. However, it does not seem to dry or absorb fully and remains sticky on the skin. It has a very slight tightening effect.
I noticed after one week that my skin seemed to have more of a “glow.” That is, my skin seemed to have the appearance of being slightly more radiant and healthy. Into the third week, I also noticed a very slight decrease in nasal-labial creases (“marionette lines”) on either side of the mouth.
1. I found the product easy to use.
2. I found the product to have definite beneficial effects on the skin, which would be likely to increase over time.
3. I believe that given a reasonable, extended amount of time (six months to a year) and with regular use, according to product directions, one could see positive, dramatic results not only in skin tone, but also in the lessening of deep wrinkles, and in the overall appearance and quality of the skin in general.
4. As far as product trials go, I would suggest a four- to six-month period during which to positively ascertain the benefits of Snowberry Intensive Renewal Face Serum. I find that one month does not afford adequate time in which to confirm or deny this product’s effectiveness absolutely.
5. Near the end of the second week, I noticed that the product seemed to be clogging my pores. I developed about four small embedded sebaceous cysts, which remain.
If I had to give a rating based on only one month’s use of this product, I would say it does seem to be a worthwhile addition to one’s arsenal of anti-aging products, and would probably find itself on or near the top shelf.
The only problems I encountered were the lasting stickiness on the skin and the appearance of some small sebaceous cysts. Due to these problems, I would personally not use this product again. Someone else may not encounter these drawbacks. I have normal skin and have never had any adverse effects after using any other skincare products.
What could be problematic
According to the directions, one should apply a “thin layer” of product to the face. With this product, I found that more is definitely not better. During the first week of use, I experimented and used a little extra product on my face, paying special attention to deep wrinkles. It seems that this product either does not absorb into the skin, or else, once absorbed, prevents absorption of further application of the product.
I also found that in the morning, the product was rolling up on my skin in much the same way rubber cement would roll up if you were to stroke a finger across the dried (“sticky”) glue. I did not experience this effect when I applied the product in a thin layer and added no more.
The product dried mostly within only a few seconds; however, it remained rather sticky for quite some time, which I found unpleasant.
Because of the fact that the second thin layer of product “rolls up” after several hours of having been applied, I am wondering if the product is actually absorbed by the skin at all, or if this treatment is purely a coating or mask-like product that works only on the topmost layers of skin. There is no doubt that this serum creates results, but does it actually absorb into the dermal layers beneath?
Ingredients: Aqua (Demineralised), Glycerin & Pentapeptide-18, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Extract, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl, Benzylamide Diacetate & Glycerine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycine Soya Protein Oxido-reductase, Human Oligopeptide-20 (Not Of Human Origin), Algae Extract & Pullulan, Olive Oil Squalane, Sorbitol & Yeast Extract, Arginine Lysine Polypeptide, Soyabean Lysophospholipid, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Vitis-idaea (Lingonberry) Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Seed Oil, Ethyl Ximenynate & Lecithin, Glucose & Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Rhizobian Gum, Ubiquinone, Vitex Agnus Castus (Chasteberry) Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Parfum, Podocarpus Totara, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocophoryl Phosphate, Tocopherol (mixed) & Beta-Sitosterol & Squalene (Sunflower), Phytic Acid, Fragrance, Tetrahydropiperine, Pentapeptide-3