You have no items in your shopping cart.
Problems Adding to Cart? Click here for assistance.
Those of us who suffer with dark under-eye circles know how frustrating they can be. We often hear that they are "hereditary" and that "there's nothing you can do for them," but we never give up searching for the miracle product that will make them go away. And we know that even if we don't deal with other eye concerns like puffiness and crepeyness, those dark circles alone can make us look tired and older.
The good news is that even though it's true that there is a hereditary element to dark circles, there are treatments that can help to lighten them. Four extremely effective ingredients to look for when shopping for an eye treatment are Haloxyl, Eyeseryl, Hesperidin methyl chalcone and Bioskinup Contour 3r. We've rounded up some of the best products containing these ingredients, below. Also, if you suffer from chronic dark circles, talk to your doctor to rule out the cause of allergies and nasal conjestion, which could also be part of the problem.
Haloxyl is a peptide formulation that also includes chrysin and hydroxysuccinimide. It works by loosening the accumulation of small blood fragments in the under-eye area The two-color degradation elements in hemaglobin are bilrubin and iron. Chrysin, from passion flower, stimulates the enzyme that clears out bilrubin while hydroxysuccinimide makes the iron soluble so that it can be eliminated.
• Medik8 PRETOX Eyelift ($82 in the shop) — This active-packed eye serum contains four peptide blends. Haloxyl is joined by Eyeliss, a combination of three natural peptides, to combat dark circles, eliminate under-eye bags and improve puffiness. There is also oligopeptide and ceramide blend to smoothe wrinkles and repair age-related skin damage. Hesperidin (a citrus bioflavonoid) improves skin tone and stimulates circulation to reduce dark circles.
• Michael Todd True Organics Intensive Organic Eye Cream ($38) uses Haloxyl and Eyeliss to combat the skin discoloration, remove fine lines and wrinkles, increase lymphatic drainage, and reduce inflammation. It also contains copper peptides and antioxidants, rooibos tea, acai and vitamin E to repair sun damage as well as provide the skin with important antioxidant stress and immune support.
Eyeseryl is tetrapeptide-5 and it is supposed to reduce water retention and ensure lymph drainage, while protecting collagen from cross-linking that causes baggy eyes. Additionally, it reduces leaking of fluids from the capillaries into the tissue, which can cause puffy eyes. Eyeseryl has been shown in clinical trials (conducted by the company that makes it) to fade dark circles.
• Your Best Face Correct ($150 in the shop) lifts lids, de-crepes wrinkly skin and tackles dark under eye circles. With Haloxyl, Eyeseryl, Tego Pep 4-7, Matrixyl 3000 and powerful radical scavenger hunters, Your Best Face Correct remains one of the most advanced anti-aging eye serums and one of Marta's all-time favorites.
Hesperidin methyl chalcone lowers the filtration rate of capillaries, and less blood flowing though capillaries close to the surface of the skin potentially means less dark bluish discoloration under the eyes. It's also thought to prevent leaking from the veins below the eyes, also preventing the dark blue look from blood leaking below the surface of the skin.
• ReLuma Eye Cream ($95) contains growth factors and peptides, including Eyeseryl, Haloxyl, Matrixyl 3000, for addressing fine lines, puffy eyes and dark under eye circles. The ingredient Eyeliss is made up of hesperidin, a flavenoid found in citrus fruits and it strengthens capillaries (the idea is that they would then leak less — the cause of dark circles).
• AQ Eye Serum ($99 in the shop) — Its key active is AQ’s human fibroblast conditioned media. This contains growth factors — specifically, TGF-Beta, GM-CSF and PDGF. There are peptides, including Matrixyl 3000, and no less than three ingredients that depuff the eyes and reduce dark circles: dipeptide-2, hesperidin methyl chalcone, and N-hydroxysuccinimide.
Bioskinup™ is a collective blend of botanicals (Ptychopetalum Olaciodes Bark/Stem Extract, Pfaffia Paniculata Root Extract, Lilium Candidum Flower Extract) that work to alleviate puffiness, fine lines, stimulate blood circulation, and act as an anti-inflammatory.
• Skinfinite LOL (Laugh Out Loud) Eye Serum (.5oz/$49 in the shop) contains the tetrapeptides Eyeseryl and Haloxyl to address eye puffiness, dark circles, firmness and tone around the eye. Bioskinup™ decreases puffiness and fine lines and stimulates blood circulation. Hesperidin (a citrus bioflavonoid) improves skin tone and stimulates circulation to reduce dark circles; evening primrose oil (contains Gamma Linolenic Acid) provides anti-inflammatory and emollient benefits.
Other excellent eye treatments that have been highly rated by the Truth In Aging community for helping with dark circles include:
• Stemulation Elevate Eye Cream ($75) combines stem cell growth factors with antioxidants and peptides
• Sevani Ageless Eyes Revitalizing Eye Serum ($54 in the shop) contains a blend of essential oils, including jojoba, argan, sea buckthorn berry and rosehip
• Mukti Age Defence Eye Serum ($91) contains peptides, CoEnzyme Q10 and Australian native extracts
• La Vie Celeste Restorative Rose Hydrosol Eye Cream ($60 in the shop) contains caprooyl tetrapeptide-3 and powerful antioxidants
• Lumavera Anti-Aging Eye Cream ($80) uses plant cell technology, peptides and aloe vera
• Osmotics Eye Surgery Under Eye Rejuvenator contains three of the most advanced Tetra- peptide technologies