You have no items in your shopping cart.
Problems Adding to Cart? Click here for assistance.
Truth In Aging is built around the power of community, with your honest reviews guiding fellow readers on what products yield dramatic results or fall flat. We've culled reader feedback from past reviews and comments to find the products that you've declared to be the tops in your anti-aging skin care arsenal. Read on to discover how and why these 10 standouts have emerged as your firm favorites!
1. Medik8 CE-Tetra ($115 in the shop) is a potent serum that contains tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, a gentle and non-drying form of vitamin C, and the Tocopheryl Acetate of vitamin E. Combined in a jojoba oil base, it improves skin's texture and tone, brightens hyperpigmentation, protects against free radicals and stimulates synthesis of new collagen and elastin.
Mare: "I even decided to stop using this product for three days to see if the results were permanent or just an effect of the serum on my skin. The results are real. If I had to quantify it, I'd say the four weeks of using it have turned the clock back five years for me."
Gloria: "Very happy with the results. My skin is looking brighter and just knowing I don't have any problems with it lets me know it is good for sensitive skin."
Tina: "CE-Tetra is hands down a welcome addition to my series of serums and one that will likely become a permanent member and step in my regime."
2. MitoQ Moisturizing Anti-Aging Serum ($119 in the shop) has been a welcome new addition to the TIA shop. This fragrance-free serum facilitates healthy cell function by using a unique form of ubiquinone that works with the mitochondria. It supports collagen and elastin production, helping to firm skin, smooth lines and diminish age spots.
Elisabeth: "By the end of my trial, I compared the pictures and could not believe the difference. The small marks I do have on my face were significantly lightened. I would highly recommend this product for the long term anti-aging benefits."
Naheed: "Now in my fifth week, the skin around my cheeks is firmer and my pores almost non-existent. It feels smooth to the touch and has a glow to it. The skin under my eyes also looks relaxed. I would recommend the MitoQ serum to anyone looking to get firmer skin."
Angela: "I have been using it for more than five weeks, and the results are getting better and better. This product just might be the Holy Grail of skincare!"
3. Royal Nectar Face Mask with Bee Venom ($68) was a winner in this year's Readers' Choice Awards. It contains anti-inflammatory bee venom as the key active, which gently firms skin and helps reduce lines. Manuka honey, a blend of oils, cocoa butter and marshmallow extract are among its other ingredients that work to give skin a healthy glow.
Cheryl: "I have never used a mask like this, and I will keep this as a permanent part of my skincare routine."
Debra: "This mask smells yummy, leaves my 40ish skin glowing and soft. Over time, my skin looks more plump and fine lines reduced."
Andy: "I sleep with this product on almost every other night, and it's SAVED my sleep deprived skin. In the morning, there's a bright, dewy glow, and my nasolabial folds are less pronounced."
4. Amarte Natural Finish BB Cream ($57) was another winner in this year's Readers' Choice Awards. It's no wonder, with ingredients like argan oil, caviar extract, epidermal growth factor and Elemental Sulfur to hydrate, nourish and protect skin and relieve irritation. This complexion-enhancing beauty balm protects your skin with SPF 36 and offers uniform coverage with a soft finish without flaking or caking.
Pamela: "I am very picky. This BB cream is perfection. I've never had a BB cream that looks so beautiful, feels so comfortable on. The finish is just lovely and not heavy."
Eileen: "[My daughter and I] have both tried several BB creams and this one is by far our favorite. Just the right amount of coverage and moisturizing effect. Perfect natural glow."
Erica: "I've now been using it for three weeks snd just amazed a the flawless, youthful glow it gives. After many years of frustration, I enjoy my makeup routine again."
5. La Vie Celeste Restorative Exfoliating Gel Mask ($60 in the shop) has a gentle but effective 5% glycolic concentration in an organic aloe vera and white tea base. Together with bearberry and licorice, it really works to brighten skin while gentle bamboo grains also aid in exfoliation to minimize pores. Even sensitive skin is left with a luminous, rosy glow.
Kristina: "No product has made a bigger difference on my skin as this! I have received so many compliments on my completion and people are starting to think that I am alot younger than I am!"
Annie: "I have very sensitive skin and I can't tolerate many brightening/glycolic acid masks but I don't react to this one at all and my skin is smooth and lovely after I have used it."
Laura: "WOW. This is hands down the best mask I have ever used! If you are looking for an instant glow and tightening, then this is it."
6. AQ Skin Solutions Active Serum ($149 in the shop) contains a concentrated blend (over 40%) of stem cell derived growth factors — one of Marta's Five Best Ingredients for Wrinkles — to accelerate skin cell regeneration. Antioxidant vitamins stimulate collagen production and GF-technology stimulates skin cells to repair damage, leaving skin moisturized, smooth and firm.
Sheree: "The changes it has made on my chest area have just been shocking to me and those changes I noticed within two weeks. It has made the skin on my chest smooth and radiant replacing what was becoming an aging, sun damaged mess!"
AndeR: "After a month of using this my skin looks terrific, wrinkles are fading and years are disappearing of my face. I can also see tremendous improvements in the texture and radiance of my skin."
Suzanne: "Any problem with fine lines is gone. I have increased elasticity in the skin in my cheeks and jaw line. As a plus, the crows feet around my eyes are significantly less noticable."
7. Prana Reverse A ($48 in the shop) is an over-the-counter retinol product that nourishes with vitamin B5, vitamin E, DMAE, gotu kola and grape seed extract while stimulating skin regeneration through micro-exfoliation. This resurfacing serum with .08% retinol improves skin clarity, texture and tone by rebuilding and restoring skin's natural foundation. It's great for helping sun-damaged skin.
Mary M: "It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, works well as part of my night regimen, has a wonderful creamy consistency, and smells fantastic!"
Elsa: "This has completely transformed the red, crinkley skin on my neck and decollete. I saw a difference in only a week and after two months feel I can wear summer necklines with confidence."
Grace: "I am used to retinols and thought that this one would be too weak for me. But it is one hard worker. My melasma has faded in three months."
8. Truth Vitality Advanced Complex ($59-79 in the shop) is our own exclusive copper peptides-based hair growth serum. It is designed to help women with thinning hair, especially due to hormonal change at menopause and post-partum (although men can use it, too!). Copper peptides combine with vitamin B5 to stimulate healthy hair growth and reduce shedding.
G: "Love Truth Vitality Advanced Complex treatment. Started with the original version with positive results, but the new formula is like finding gold mine for my hair."
Melissa: "Visibly noticeable reduction in shedding, increase in texture, decrease in "bald spot" visibility. I loved that the product was dark and I was able to see it in the bottle as I was using it."
Elena: "Hair Vitality Complexed reduced my losing hair and improved the overall quality of my hair."
9. Sevani Rapid Renewal Resurfacing Creme ($68 in the shop) is a community favorite, being chosen as a best moisturizer and a Readers' Choice Day Cream. It's a multitasking moisturizer, skin brightener and pore-closer, containing natural fruit acids, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and anti-inflammatory botanicals and helping to even out skin tone, minimize wrinkles, fade age spots and reduce blemishes.
Sarah: "It really does hydrate my combination skin while evening out tone, minimizing pores, smoothing out texture and calming breakouts. Although it's gentle, it's amazingly effective!"
Jana: "Nothing could smell or feel better! I used to break out from creams, but this one is a little miracle worker! Not only do I NOT break out but my skin is brighter with a healthier glow I assume from the lemon/licorice root combo."
Wendy: "This product is phenomenal. I have oily skin and very prone to blemishes. Since running out of my Retin-A five months ago, this is the only product that has kept my skin clear."
10. Retrospect Hand & Nail Reconstructor ($36) is a lightweight, non-greasy hand and nail treatment cream formulated with functional keratin to repair dry hands, cracked cuticles, and brittle nails.
Lily: "Even during the winter when my skin gets especially dry, my knuckles have not been sore, dry, or cracked. My hands look and feel better than they ever have."
Anita: "I have to say that my nails and cuticles have never looked this good. I have been able to grow my nails out to a respectable length for the first time in my life!"
Kelly: "I feel like I have tried every cuticle cream/oil on the planet and this is exceptional for repairing and keeping hands feeling wonderful. No greasy feel and perfect neutral scent."