You have no items in your shopping cart.
Problems Adding to Cart? Click here for assistance.
Cracked heels, chapped lips, scaly legs and tight skin can be experienced by many of us due to the cold winter weather and indoor heating. Although, my skin is typically normal/combination in the summer, it turns to normal/dry because of the temperature fluctuations during the seasonal changes. My skin often feels very dry and tends to develop flaking or peeling patches. (I am in my late thirties). I was curious to try Tilth Beauty Intense Restoration Moisture Cream ($55) and see if it can soothe the dryness. I am happy to report that it feels like a tall drink of water for tight and dehydrated skin.
Tilth Beauty Intense Restoration Moisture Cream is thick and highly emollient. It deeply hydrates and locks in moisture extremely well. I used the cream whenever my skin felt dry. It worked very well for dryness around my mouth and forehead, flaking on the eyebrows and in the corners of the nose. The formulation is lovely and clever at the same time. Sealants work with humectants to minimize the evaporation of water from the surface of the skin. The cream adds the moisture with humectants like glycerin, and also glucatone, and seals it in with some oils. Raspberry leaf wax keeps the moisture in. It is choke full of high-quality botanicals and oils. Tilth lists the following actives:
• Flower Fractions™ (Rutin, Ursolic Acid, Phytosterol) – Activates and protects collagen production to increase skin elasticity.
• Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Wax – Intense moisturizing properties that are easily absorbed by the skin.
• Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil – Improves circulation to help prevent tissue damage. Helps to reduce skin dehydration.
• Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil – Rich anti-oxidant helping to combat free radicals. Encourages cell regeneration for fresh healthy skin.
• Flower Harvest™ (Grevillea Speciosa, Banksia Serrata, Anigozanthos Manglesii Flower Extracts) – Nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
• Nymphaea Coerulea (Blue Lotus) Flower Extract – Protects and strengthens skin cells, encouraging their reproduction for improved skin elasticity.
Tilth manages to formulate the cream without parabens, sulfates and other preservatives. The only ingredient I dislike is sodium hydroxide, a pH adjuster and buffering agent in cosmetics and personal care products. Although it seems to be at a low concentration, I could do without it. However, I have not had any adverse reactions as a result of using Tilth Beauty Intense Restoration Moisture Cream .
In a nutshell, there’s nothing to dislike about Tilth Beauty Intense Restoration Moisture Cream. I would not expect wonders with this cream, but it is a solid moisturizer for dehydrated skin at a great price. Finally, I probably would not recommend it for people with oily skin and for those who may be allergic to essential oils. There’s quite a few of the latter in the formulation.