This item is currently being reformulated; check back for updates on its availability!
2.75 oz (78 ml)
MD Solar Sciences Mineral Lotion SPF 50 provides maximum strength sun protection using a light, silky formula that doesn't leaving a chalky residue. Suitable for all skin types, particular sensitive and dry.
TIA Review by Christine:
The MD Solar Sciences Mineral Lotion SPF 50 has been rated among the top broad spectrum sunscreens by the Environmental Work Group. I have sensitive skin and although it doesnt burn easily, I still wanted something that was a higher SPF than your average sunscreen. Im still fairly young, and if there is one thing my mom has taught me, its to wear sunscreen! So, I felt a SPF 50 was adequate and in light of last years strict FDA regulations on sunscreen, I wanted to make sure I was getting a sunscreen that was truly protecting me.
This Mineral Lotion lives up to its claim of being long-lasting and water resistant for up to 80 minutes. I am extremely active and wore this sunscreen several times while running outside. I tend to sweat (profusely), but at the end of each of my 30-minute to one-hour runs, I still felt sunscreen on my face and body. Im really picky when it comes to sunscreens, but I like the Mineral Lotion for a few reasons:
1. There is no Aminobenzoic acid (PABA), which is linked to cancer.
2. It has naturally derived zinc oxide (15%), but doesnt have that thick I-just-spread-liquid-chalk-all-over-my-body feel. Instead, it goes on smooth and silky.
3. Generally, I like to use a specific sunscreen for my face and a separate one for my body, but with the Mineral Lotion, I felt fine using it all over. Saves me the trouble of having to own and buy two different products.
4. It doesnt smell like anything and passed the boyfriend smell test (he didnt make the usual, Are you wearing sunscreen? comment).
5. The lid is on the bottom. I love squeeze bottles where you can flip open the cap, and since the product is already upside down, you just squeeze it right out without having to shake it (the simple things in life, right?).
6. There is no animal testing.
The product also includes its trademarked ProVention-R, which I am indifferent to. My take on MD Solar Sciences: I like this product and I was compelled to search around the Truth In Aging site to see if there is more information on the brand. I found that Marta gave an MD Solar Sciences sunscreen an honorable mention and you can see other products available in the shop.
Got Questions? Contact Us